Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I love to see the temple

I went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple this morning, as I've been doing each Tuesday since the new year began--except, of course not the past two Tuesdays, when we were, first--enroute to Merida, and then still in Merida--enjoying sunshine, sites, and good company, with Sharon and Gardner. While in Merida, we attended a temple endowment session, and then I went over to the initiatory area and took two family names through the initiatory ordinances.

Anyway, back to the story of the day. When I arrived at the Oquirrh Mountain temple, the parking lot wasn't full. Cool, I thought, no lines. Then, I pulled on into the parking lot and I realized there were NO cars--it was closed for a couple weeks. So, I headed to the Draper temple, about 20 minutes away. That parking lot was full, but the inside didn't seem crowded inside. The sisters at initiatory welcomed me with open arms and the wait was minimal, for a Tuesday morning. As I was waiting, it occurred to me how amazing it is to live in an area where I have 3 temples within 20 minutes of our home.

The beautiful, but currently closed for remodeling, Jordan River temple--10 minutes from home.
jordan-river-utah-808x480-0001387s.jpg (808×480)



jordan-river-utah-808x480-0001387s.jpg (808×480)


Oquirrh Mountain temple--15 min from home.








This one I took myself, this morning. A gorgeous spring morning. 20 min from home.



Mount Timpanogos temple--30 min--I think I'll go here next week.





Salt Lake City temple--always a treat to come here, 30 min by train,



Bountiful, Utah temple--two of my kids married here, about 30 minutes by car. Spectacular setting.


#feeling blessed!

No comments: